Evidence-Based Contrast Media Selection: CE Version
- Pamela Johnson, RN, MHA, Administrator, Imaging & Cardiology Resource Management, Dignity Health
- Nancy Cahill, PharmD, Cardinal Health Pharmacy Solutions
This course is expired. It can no longer be taken for credit.The presenters detail their planning and evidence-gathering process in evaluating contrast media selection within their healthcare system. They provide an inside look at the disciplined, team-based approach Dignity Health initiated, including clinical evidence review, product evaluation, and outcomes. The speakers are also joined by Dr. Steven Zwerdlinger, MD, Chairman, Radiology Department, St. Rose Dominican Hospitals.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the disciplined approach Dignity Health took in order to effectively choose their contrast media.
- Understand the importance of developing a strategic team to undertake this process.
- Understand how Dignity Health implemented the outcomes of this product evaluation.
This program is also approved for one (1) Nursing Contact Hour (CEU) through MedEd America and one (1) CRA Credit approved by AHRA: The Association for Medical Imaging Management. Be sure to enroll in the correct course for the type of credit you require. Each certificate is specific for the credit obtained.